Entertainment04 October 2018
- All The Bright Places, the adaptation of the YA bestselling novel of the same name, starring Elle Fanning and Justice Smith starts principal photography in Cleveland, Ohio today
- The Mazur Kaplan Company and Echo Lake Entertainment film will be released globally by Netflix in 2019
- Based on the internationally bestselling novel by Jennifer Niven, All The Bright Places tells the story of Violet Markey and Theodore Finch, who meet and change each other’s lives forever. As they struggle with the emotional and physical scars of their past, they come together, discovering that even the smallest places and moments can mean something. This compelling drama provides a refreshing and human take on the experience of mental illness, its impact on relationships, as well as the beauty and lasting impact of young love.
- Director: Brett Haley (Hearts Beat Loud)
- Cast: Elle Fanning (“Violet Markey”) (Teen Spirit, The Beguiled), Justice Smith (“Theodore Finch”) (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Detective Pikachu), Alexandra Shipp (“Kate”) (X-Men: Apocalypse , Love Simon), Keegan-Michael Key (“Embry”) (Friends from College, The Predator), Luke Wilson (“James”). The Goldfinch, Skeleton Twins) Kelli O’Hara (“Sheryl”) (13 Reasons Why), Felix Mallard (“Roamer”) (Happy Together), Virginia Gardner (“Amanda”) (Runaways, Halloween), Lamar Johnson (“Charlie”) (The Hate U Give), Sofia Hasmik (“Brenda”) (Bad Samaritan).
- Producers: Paula Mazur, Mitchell Kaplan, Andrew Spaulding, Doug Mankoff, Brittany Kahan, Elle Fanning
- Executive Producers: Liz Hannah, Robert Salerno, Kimi Armstrong Stein
- Screenwriters: Liz Hannah, Jennifer Niven
- Based on the novel: “All the Bright Places” by Jennifer Niven published by Random House
- All the Bright Places has won literary awards around the world, including the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Young Adult Fiction. It was named a Best Book of the Year by Time magazine, NPR, the Guardian, Publishers Weekly, YALSA, Barnes & Noble, BuzzFeed, the New York Public Library, and others, and was acclaimed the #1 Kids’ Indie Next Book for Winter.
ABOUT THE MAZUR KAPLAN COMPANY
The Mazur Kaplan Company is a partnership of award-winning producer Paula Mazur and nationally recognized bookseller Mitchell Kaplan. Their company options and produces elevated literary material for film and television. They just produced The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society starring Lily James, which was released on Netflix August 10th, and The Man Who Invented Christmas starring Dan Stevens and Christopher Plummer, which was released last year. They are developing numerous bestselling books including: The Silent Wife, Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand, Let Him Go and Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter.
ABOUT ECHO LAKE ENTERTAINMENT
Since the company’s founding in 1998, Echo Lake has produced and/or financed more than 30 films, including Nebraska, Truth, and Julieta. Its films have earned numerous awards including 8 Academy Award® nominations and 1 Academy Award® win. In television, production recently wrapped on the third season of the Syfy series Van Helsing from showrunner Neil LaBute. Echo Lake also has projects in development at HBO, Hulu and the BBC.