Entertainment12 December 2018
- The series is the official story of Tejano music legend, Selena Quintanilla.
- A coming of age story following Selena as her dreams come true and all the heart-wrenching and life-changing choices she and her family have to make as they navigate success, family, and music.
- The Quintanilla family has been fully involved in the project and will be executive producers.
- Executive Producers: Jaime Dávila, Rico Martinez, Suzette Quintanilla, and Simran A. Singh
- Writer and Executive Producer: Moisés Zamora (Star, American Crime)
- Production Company: Campanario Entertainment
"Selena will always have a lasting place in music history and we feel great responsibility to do justice to her memory. With this series, viewers will finally get the full history of Selena, our family, and the impact she has had on all of our lives. We are excited to partner with Campanario and Netflix to give fans a never-before-seen glimpse at our story and highlight why Selena will remain a legend for generations to come." Suzette Quintanilla, sister of Selena Quintanilla
"Selena and the entire Quintanilla family are an inspiration to many and especially to me, a millennial of the same heritage. Selena’s career achievements are legendary, but our scripted series will focus on the incredible story of a Mexican-American family and how an extraordinary young woman transcended categories and borders to become a global star. I can’t imagine a better partner than Netflix to celebrate Selena and her family's lives." Jaime Dávila, President of Campanario Entertainment