Entertainment15 November 2018
We kindly ask that you link to www.netflix.com/theone in your coverage
- Netflix has ordered 10 episodes of The One, a new series based on the provocative science fiction novel by John Marrs.
- Logline: The One is set five minutes in the future, in a world where a DNA test can find your perfect partner – the one person you’re genetically predisposed to fall passionately in love with. No matter how good your relationship, which one of us can honestly say we haven’t thought about whether there is someone better out there? What if a hair sample is all it takes to find them? The idea is simple, but the implications are explosive. We will never think of love and relationships in the same way again.
- Episodes: 10
- Production Company: Urban Myth Films in association with STUDIOCANAL
- Creator / Writer / Executive Producer: Howard Overman (Misfits)
- Executive Producers: Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy for Urban Myth Films
About Urban Myth Films
Urban Myth Films was set up by International Emmy award-winning producers Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy and BAFTA award-winning writer Howard Overman with the intention of creating television drama and film for the international market. Urban Myth Films is a StudioCanal company.
STUDIOCANAL is Europe’s leader in production, distribution and international sales of feature films and TV series, operating directly in all three major European markets - France, the United Kingdom and Germany - as well as in Australia and New Zealand. STUDIOCANAL owns one of the most important film libraries in the world, boasting more than 5,500 titles.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.