Entertainment03 July 2019
- Director: Laura Terruso
- Writer: Alison Peck (Ugly Dolls)
- Cast: Sabrina Carpenter (Tall Girl, The Hate U Give, Short History Of The Long Road), Liza Koshy (Liza on Demand), Keiynan Lonsdale (The Flash, Love Simon), Drew Ray Tanner (Riverdale) with Michelle Buteau (Always Be My Maybe, First Wives Club) and Jordan Fisher (To All The Boys 2, RENT Live!)
- Producers: Alloy Entertainment’s Leslie Morgenstein and Elysa Koplovitz Duttont; and Alicia Keys’ A.K. Worldwide Productions, Inc; STXfilms Production
- Executive Producer: Sabrina Carpenter
- Choreographer: Aakomon Jones (Black Panther, Pitch Perfect)
- Logline: When Quinn Ackerman’s admission to the college of her dreams depends on her performance at a dance competition, she forms a ragtag group of dancers to take on the best squad in school...now she just needs to learn how to dance.
- Production is set to begin this week in Toronto
Laura Terruso Bio
Brooklyn born filmmaker Laura Terruso got her start in the New York City independent film community before attending NYU's Graduate Film Program at the Tisch School of the Arts. While still a student, she co-wrote the feature film Hello, My Name is Doris with Michael Showalter. The film, based on her short "Doris & The Intern," starred Sally Field and went on to become one of the top grossing indies of 2016. Her debut as writer/director Fits and Starts premiered at the 2017 SXSW Film Festival and was released by The Orchard. Most recently, she wrote and directed the teen stoner comedy Good Girls Get High, which won the audience award at the Santa Fe Film Festival.