Entertainment28 November 2018
- Criminal is a police procedural with a unique premise: it takes place exclusively within the confines of a police interview suite. This stripped down, cat-and-mouse drama will focus on the intense mental conflict between the police officer and the suspect in question.
- Series showrunners: George Kay (Killing Eve, The Hour) and Jim Field Smith (Endeavour, The Wrong Mans).
- This revolutionary procedural will comprise of 12 unique stories set in 4 different countries: France, Spain, Germany and the UK.
- The episodes will be in local language, written and directed by talent from their respective countries.
- Episodes 12 x 45 minutes. 3 episodes per country.
- Criminal is an Idiotlamp Production for Netflix.
George Kay (Writer, Co-Creator & Executive Producer) and Jim Field Smith (Director, Co-Creator & Executive Producer)
Frederic Mermoud (Writer, Director & Co Executive Producer) (Spiral, The Returned), Antonin Martin-Hilbert (Writer) (Nina, Black Spot) & Mathieu Missoffe (writer) (Black Spot, Profilage)
Oliver Hirschbiegel (Director & Co Executive Producer) (Four Blocks, Downfall), Bernd Lange (Writer) (Das Verschwinden) & Sebastian Heeg (Co-Writer) (Blaumacher)
Mariano Barroso (Director & Co Executive Producer) (El día de mañana, Todas las mujeres, Éxtasis), Alejandro Hernández (Writer) (El autor, El día de mañana) and Manuel Martín Cuenca (Writer) (El autor, Caníbal).
All 12 episodes of Criminal will film at Netflix’s production hub at Ciudad de la Tele in Madrid.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 130 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.