Entertainment29 March 2019
These three new shows will offer TV-lovers everywhere an exciting choice of Italian content, including: a bold genre show with supernatural elements titled Curon; the adaptation of the popular Tre metri sopra il cielo into a young adult series set on the Adriatic coast, and the acquisition of screen rights to the hit novel nominated at Premio Strega Fedelta’ by Marco Missiroli to develop into a drama series.
“Italy is a cradle of great storytellers and amazing talent, and our aim is to find those unique and very local voices that could resonate with TV lovers everywhere. This new crop of projects are all very different and will all be shot across Italy. We’re deeply committed to the Italian creative community -- and to the creative vision of the content creators we’re working with, ” explained Kelly Luegenbiehl, Vice President of International Original Series for Europe and Africa.
In addition to all of these new productions, Netflix recently announced the Italian original film Lo Spietato by Renato De Maria with Riccardo Scamarcio (BIBI film with RaiCinema), three originals stand-up comedy specials with Edoardo Ferrario, Francesco De Carlo and Saverio Raimondo (Dazzle and Aguilar) and is also in production with the second season of Baby (Fabula pictures), and the first season of Luna Nera (Fandango) and is developing the adaptation of Winx Club into a live action TV series.
Additional information on each series :
- Produced by: Indiana Production
- Head Writer: Ezio Abbate (Suburra)
- Creators / Writers: Giovanni Galassi, Ivano Fachin, and Tommaso Matano
- Synopsis: A mother and her teen kids return to her mysterious hometown village in Northern Italy, only to discover what lies below the surface of her past.
TRE METRI SOPRA IL CIELO REBOOT (working title)
- Produced by Cattleya
- Synopsis: Set against the backdrop of motorbike racing on the Adriatic Coast, an undeniable attraction brings Sally and Ale together from their different worlds.
A new, modern take of a classic Italian story based on the novel by Federico Moccia.
FEDELTA’ (working title)
- Screen rights to the book by Marco Missiroli (Einaudi)
Selected among the 12 finalist of Premio Strega 2019
- Synopsis: Set in Milan and Rimini, Fedeltà is an exploration of desire and betrayal, and their after-effects, through the story of two spouses.