Entertainment26 March 2019
- Principal photography has begun on Academy Award® Winner Charlie Kaufman’s (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Anomalisa, and Synecdoche, New York) film adaptation of Iain Reid’s internationally best selling novel I'm Thinking of Ending Things for Netflix. Kaufman will write and direct the project.
- Cast: Jesse Plemons (Vice, The Post), Jessie Buckley (Wild Rose, Beast), Toni Collette (Velvet Buzzsaw, Hereditary) and David Thewlis (Anomalisa, Wonder Woman)
- The film is a Likely Story production and will begin principal photography this month.
- Likely Story’s Anthony Bregman (Private Life, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Foxcatcher), Stefanie Azpiazu (The Land of Steady Habits, Enough Said) and Bob Salerno are producing along with Kaufman. Reid will serve as co-producer.
- This new project reunites Kaufman with his frequent collaborator Bregman, who previously produced Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Synecdoche, New York, and Human Nature.
- Reid’s debut novel is currently published in 17 territories and received starred reviews from Publisher’s Weekly, Kirkus, Library Journal and Booklist.
- Named an NPR Best Book of the Year in 2016, I’m Thinking of Ending Things is a stunning debut that examines the fragility of the psyche and the limitations of solitude. On a road trip to meet his parents on their secluded farm, Jake’s girlfriend is thinking of ending things. When Jake makes an unexpected detour, leaving her stranded, a twisted mix of palpable tension, psychological frailty, and sheer terror ensues.