Entertainment09 November 2018
- Acclaimed music producer Harvey Mason, Jr. has signed on to executive produce the music to director David E. Talbert’s Family Holiday Musical Jingle Jangle for Netflix
- Mason Jr. Has received countless awards and nominations for his work on producing artists ranging in genres, blockbuster films and television. He is currently producing the Aretha Franklin biopic starring Jennifer Hudson which is scheduled for production in 2019.
- Quote from Harvey Mason Jr: “I’m so excited to be involved in this amazing project. As the Executive Music Producer, I know I’m part of an incredible all star team and I’m thrilled to be working with some of the best of the best in Director David Talbert, Producers John Legend and Mike Jackson, and Netflix. I’m really looking forward to making special music for this uniquely special film.”
- Jingle Jangle will re-team Mason Jr. with producers Mike Jackson and John Legend following their work on Multi-Emmy Award winning Jesus Christ Superstar.
- Talbert’s family holiday musical, Jingle Jangle, is scheduled to start shooting in 2019 and will be released by Netflix in 2020
- Logline: A cobblestone world comes to life in the event holiday musical tale of an embattled toymaker, his precocious granddaughter, and a magical invention, that if they can get it to work in time for the holidays, could change their lives forever.
- Cast: Forest Whitaker (The Godfather of Harlem, Black Panther, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Arrival)
- Writer & Director: David E. Talbert (El Camino Christmas, First Sunday, Baggage Claim, Almost Christmas)
- Producers: Mike Jackson, John Legend, David E. Talbert, Lyn Sisson-Talbert, David McIlvain
- Executive Producers: Ty Stiklorius
ABOUT HARVEY MASON JR.
For the past twenty years, Harvey Mason Jr. has not only penned and produced songs for industry legends like Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, Luther Vandross and Elton John, but also for today's superstars including Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake. Simultaneously, Harvey has been instrumental in producing memorable music for many of the biggest musical films from the past decade. Everyone from Beyoncé and Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls, Whitney Houston in Sparkle, to the eclectic casts in the Pitch Perfect films and SING, Dr. Dre and Ice Cube in Straight Outta Compton and Mary J. Blige and Ne-Yo in The Wiz Live! have called on Harvey to deliver music of the highest standards for blockbuster musical productions. Harvey's most recent successes are NBC's Jesus Christ Superstar with John Legend and Bad Times at The El Royale with Cynthia Erivo.